Friday, September 10, 2010

Jukebox the Ghost: Everything Under the Sun

There will always be a special place in my heart for the D.C. based trio Jukebox the Ghost. The first time I listened to their cover of the New Order song "Temptation," I was hooked. And then after I listened to "Hold It In" from their 2008 album, there was no going back. Their new album, Everything Under the Sun, definitely caught me unawares, but who doesn't love surprises in the form of new CDs? 
I had no complaints about Jukebox's original eargasm of sunny, piano based pop with the additional bonus of very catchy lyrics (even though there were a good amount of songs about the apocalypse..), but I also can appreciate the new range of sounds being experimented with on this CD, as well as the more subdued approach they're taking. Favorite JTG songs  for your listening pleasure below: (right click to download)

2010 Empire


2008 Hold It In

2008 Temptation


-K

No comments:

Post a Comment