Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall Fashion Faves Pt. 2

As temperatures drop, my list of fall favorites increases. And to strike you into the right fall mood, I recommend listening to "Sleep Tonight" by Stars while reading this. 

Girls 
Floral lace tights - Not too hot, not too cold. Stick to darker colors  (they look classy AND sassy, plus bonus points for making your legs look longer!): Black is basic, burgundy, and dark blues, purples, and greens could be interesting choices too. (Urban, Haight, F21, Nordstorm's, Bloomies, etc.)

(a few of many I have)


Scarves. I am fairly sure I wrote in one of my journals a couple years ago something along the lines of: "Current obsession? Scarves." Why share such an embarrassing musing? Because the obsession holds true today as it did that lovely summer afternoon. (Yes I love scarves so much I wear them in the summer). Anyways, now that fall is approaching I have even more reason to wear them - and you do too :) (Anthro, Urban, Zara, Tibetan Handicrafts, any ethnic store, EVERYWHERE)

 
Cotton (jersey) blazers - As cozy as a sweatshirt but with a cleaner line and a sense of sophistication. Pair with a tank and skinny jeans, tall boots and a floral dress (opposites attract), or an over-sized t-shirt, shorts, and tights. Feel polished but not pretentious and comfy but not careless. (Urban, Zara, TopShop, Dorothy Perkins, H&M)


Guys
(both of these should be easy to find) 


Leather jackets. One word: bad-ass.

Oxford shoes. Classy and durable, beats a Nike sneaker any day, yah?

-G

No comments:

Post a Comment