Monday, October 18, 2010

Treasure Island: Miike Snow

For me, the Swedish band, Miike Snow was the true highlight of this beloved music festival. Amidst all the techno/ rave-esque artists at the festival, Miike Snow delivered the most artful performance of the evening. Wearing silver masks and shrouded in artificial fog, they brought their A game and played their best: "Silvia," "Burial," "Cult Logic," Black & Blue,""Animal," and the Vampire Weekend mash-up I posted a couple weeks ago. And to tell you the truth I prefer them live. Perhaps it was merely the "happy" crowd or the pure joy of even being there, but they played with a completely different sound and energy live... well whatever it was it was amazing... The best song live was Silvia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZO1nMuZSnI... but it is also my favorite Miike Snow song so I am a bit biased

The video of Silvia I was going to put up was unfortunately put down, but this will do...

Miike Snow- Burial

F

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad though they didn't play A Horse is Not A Home, my favorite song.
    -G

    ReplyDelete