Sunday, October 31, 2010

Crystal Castles + Robert Smith



Crystal Castles & The Cure's Robert Smith make for a clashing mix in the remix of CC's "Not in Love." Think 80's techno - electro-pop beats, distortion, synthesizer, thumping bass line, etc. It's a little repetitive at some parts (we get it, you're NOT in love), but overall I give the song about a 8 out of 10. It's missing that haunting quality of Alice Glass's voice in the original but I like the brightness too - I'm in need of some pick-me-up music.

[For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of hearing songs like "Just Like Heaven" and "Friday I'm in Love," The Cure is an English rock band and Robert Smith is their headliner with a sweet voice that stands in stark contrast with his signature smudged-eyeliner red lipped look...]

-G

No comments:

Post a Comment