Sunday, October 3, 2010

Deerhunter-Halcyon Digest

I never thought much of Deerhunter. Up until about a week ago, I had maybe four of their songs that I had listen to a few times. But then they released Halcyon Digest, and since it got an outstanding rating from Pitchfork (9.2), I decided to listen to it.

Well, the album's amazing. It's everything you could ever want in 45 minutes of music. The songs vary, and they're not as dark as the album cover. Some are slower, like the opener Earthquake, while others are more fast-paced and upbeat like Revival.

When I got to Helicopter, I knew Deerhunter had accomplished something. This album was immediately likable, it didn't take long to appreciate. Yet, listening to it again and again (and again) didn't make the album any less enjoyable.

The album's a great transition into Deerhunter, especially if you weren't a fan beforehand. Just get it, I promise you won't be dissapointed.

Check out Diplo's remix of Helicopter FOR FREE here.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment