Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pollyn, please



I just came across the LA-based trio Pollyn yesterday and was immediately hooked.  The combination of Genevieve Artadi's deep voice with the sporadic strumming of Anthony Cava on guitar and Adam Jay Weissman mixing some funk in, makes me wanna close my eyes, sway from side to side, and croon along.

Relatively fresh to the music scene, the band just released their debut album "This Little Night" in June and have subsequently put out a few EPs. Check out a couple of their songs, "Gave It Up" and "Can't Get Into It" below. "Gave It Up," my personal favorite, is a perfect middle ground between a fast-paced get-me-out-of-bed song and one that makes you sigh and fall asleep.  New go-to morning drive song? Check. 





-G

No comments:

Post a Comment