Saturday, December 11, 2010

Once in a while you find sunshine in December

So goes "Apricot Jam" by the band Filligar. I love this song and especially this line so much it always pops up as my facebook status sometime during December. It's a line about motivation and hope, pushing you through that last stressful week of finals, work, crazy holiday shopping or visiting relatives, through that blizzard or rainstorm, to see the light.

Ok, enough with the cheesiness. Although I'm not ecstatic about their newest releases, Filligar is one of my favorite bands. They've been called college-rock revivalists and compared to The Black Keys and even Sufjan Stevens for some songs. Their sophomore album "Succession, I Guess" is definitely my favorite, with songs with amazing lyrics like those of "Sunflower Kid" (when it's all done, I'm gonna get some sun, I'm gonna get some sleep, I'm gonna get some cold drinks),  the catchy "The Midnight Society" (you've never watched Snick on weekend nights) and the spunky "Trepador" (sweet conceit stirs the air). 

Check out Apricot Jam below:



-G

No comments:

Post a Comment