Saturday, December 25, 2010

G's Top Songs of 2010

Can you believe it's already going to be 2011 in a few days? I think of 2003 as if it was only a couple years ago. Anyways, I loved 2010 music-wise, so I want to share with you some of my favorite songs of the year (in no particular order).  We've got some basic/obvious picks and some pretty random ones. Like F's, my list is a playlist so click on the arrows on the side to scroll through:




Celestica by Crystal Castles (there's something ethereal about this song I love)
The Cave by Mumford & Sons (this song makes me want to smile and cry at the same time. Kairos memories)
Years (Five-Eight) by Starscream (music made with gameboys? also featured on the Skins US preview)
Excuses by the Morning Benders (when I hear this song I get nostalgic for some reason)
Wasted Daylight by Stars (classic Stars, good build-up)
Barbra Streisand by Duck Sauce (catchiest song ever)
Giving up the Gun by Vampire Weekend (perhaps the highlight of my summer playlist this year)
Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine (originally released in '08 but re-released in 2010 so i'm counting it)
Sunrise Projector by Tycho (soothing beats perfect for rest & recovery)
I Am Not a Robot by Marina & the Diamonds (another re-release, I don't know where I first heard it but I always find myself singing it)
A Funny Thing by Penguin Prison (dance music brought back, a la Michael Jackson before the creepiness)
Like a G6 by Far East Movement (not even kidding i love this song, it's too catchy and brings back some crazy memories)


HAPPY 2010! (and Merry Christmas!)

-G

No comments:

Post a Comment