Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spring Cleaning Mixtape; A Plethora of Remixes (with a few originals thrown in)

via tumblr
HEY EVERYBODY! It's not winter anymore and the weather isn't shitty (at least in California.) And if you don't live in California, who cares! It's almost not terrible weather! I feel like I've been inside for forever. I was gone from IMA for awhile, but I'm almost out of high school, and there is and will be a bunch of bangin tunes coming out just in time for the best summer of your life, so I had to come back. Here are all my latest jams that I have been listening to this spring season. They are an eclectic bunch, but it'll give you an idea of  what I've been up to while I've been gone. Unless it's been so long you didn't even know I wrote on this blog. Either way, here are some songs. I am too lazy to post their mp3s, so just convert and download them at www.benderconverter.com or www.youtube-mp3.org.



Some piano, some catchy claps, from New Orleans. So obviously they make good music. It's a pretty lighthearted song and that with the title reminds me of springspring$P|2!N6 (spring).
Greenleaf- Generationals


So Foster The People has some new stuff that I should be listening to, but I haven't, instead I have been constantly listening this RAC remix. Can RAC do wrong? I don't think so.

RAC -- Houdini RAC Remix




Catchy as fuhhh. I love mustaches, and Oates provides more than enough. This song has brought out my inner Hall & Oates fan, which I did not know existed....
Out of Touch (DJ Kue Remix) - Hall & Oates

I personally think this is the best rap to sample Semisonic's Closing Time, not the notorious B.I.G. remix. So sue me. Maybe it's the line "You're cute, you're like Topanga before she got fat."

This recently came out. It will be thoroughly remixed, don't you worry. Also has clips of the vocal from Finally Moving. I recommend this song for your friday nights.

I was on a college rapper kick for awhile, which possibly explains the origin of this song in my iTunes library.
I was digging Alex Winston's covers before I knew she had her own stuff. I liked it, but then, anything Star Slinger remixes is worth multiple plays. So give this a listen. Reminds me of Sleigh Bells at times.
Sister Wife (Star Slinger Remix)- Alex Winston

I am Robyn hear me roar.

CHILDISH GAMBINO PLEASE COME SIGN MY FOREHEAD. I want you.

Florence, you're beautiful. Addicted to Love is as sultry as it gets. Makes you want more.

you're right DJ Fresh, it is going to get louder.

This song is blowing up everywhere, for good reason. It's a hipster oldie by this time, but this is the kind of song that bypasses that nonsense. Don't be fooled by the release date, this song deserves to be played again and again.

-K
Check back soon for the mp3 links to download!!

No comments:

Post a Comment